New York Marathon
I am so sorry I forgot to preview this. These are the type of sporting events that I want to be the place you go to know what’s going on. I commit to be better at it going forward.
The New York Marathon got plenty of attention this weekend after American Shalane Flanagan of the USA won the women’s race in 2 hours, 26 minutes and 53 seconds. She has had plenty of profiles done on her so I will refer them to you here. But it was a great race for the American women. They finished first, third and fifth with a total of 6 in the top ten.
- Shalane Flannagan (USA) 2:26.53
- Mary Keitany (Kenya) 2:27.54
- Mamitu Daska (USA) 2:28.08
- Edna Kiplagat (Kenya) 2:29.36
- Allie Kieffer (USA) 2:29.39
The Men’s marathon was won by Kenyan Geoffrey Kamworor. The Top American was seventh, Abdi Abdirahman (2:12.48). The Americans finished in the 9th thru 18th positions with the most recognizable of them, Meb Keflizighi finishing 11th.
- Geoffrey Kamwaror (Kenya) 2:10.53
- Wilson Kipsang (Kenya) 2:10.56
- Lelisa Desisa (Ethiopia) 2:11.32
- Lemi Berhuna (Ethiopia) 2:11.52
- Tadesse Abraham (Switzerland) 2:12.01